For those who would like to try extreme experiences on the Kecskevész Via Ferrata which has a height of approx. 60 m and a total length of almost 200 m, our guesthouse can borrow special climbing equipment.
The Kecskevész via ferrata it is the first of its kind in the region, being the result of a common alliance of more entities. The use of it is open and free of charge to anybody, but the wearing of the special protection equipment is obligatory. Those who dont have special equipment can rent one at the Sugo Panzio.
The via ferrata has two routes for climbing up the cliff, that has a height of 60 meters, both having the same difficulty. The one that starts on the right side goes straight up to the top, the one starting on the left side unifies with right one with a vietnamese bridge, having the same ending like the route that starts on the right. The total lenght of the ironed trail is of 200 meters.
The climb is not recommended for children under the age of 14, and shorter than 150cm.
- Never climb alone!
There must be someone except your person to call for help if needed!The climb is at ones own responsibility!
- Always check in at Sugo Panzio at the number: +40725927773!
- For the first time always do it with someone who has experience in this!
- Always wear the protection equipment containing: climbing helmet, seating harness and
elastic Y rope!
You can hire az equipment at Sugo Panzio.
- During climbing both carabiners must be attached to the iron rope!
The carabiners have to
be moved over the fixing point one by one!
- On each fixed phase there must be only one person at once!
- Beware of possible falling rocksIn case of a falling rock never look up, never bend your head, never place your hands
over your helmet.
- In case of it happens one must warn its partners with a
loud shout: „Rock, beware!!!”
- The international emergancy number is 112, the number of the Salvamont is
They can provide help only by knowing your exact location:
Madarasi Hargita, Kecskevész
Rock, GPS coordinates: N46.45660E25.56427
GPS coordinates: N46.45660E25.56427
Price of the full equipment-50 RON/4 hours/equipment
GPS coordinates of the Kecskevész Via
Ferrata route – Access path
from the road, from theFedeles Fountain: N46.45455 E25.56442 or N46 27 16.4 E25
33 51.9 – Start Via
Ferrata (base of the rock ): N46.45660 E25.56427 or N46 27 23.7 E25 33 51.4 – End of Via Ferrata: N46.45696 E25.56462 or N46 27
25.1 E25 33 52.6 – Access path from
the top: N46.45795 E25.56505 or N46 27
28.6 E25 33 54.2
GPS coordinates of the Kecskevész Via Ferrata route
– Access path from the road, from theFedeles Fountain: N46.45455 E25.56442 or N46 27 16.4 E25 33 51.9
– Start Via Ferrata (base of the rock ): N46.45660 E25.56427 or N46 27 23.7 E25 33 51.4
– End of Via Ferrata: N46.45696 E25.56462 or N46 27 25.1 E25 33 52.6
– Access path from the top: N46.45795 E25.56505 or N46 27 28.6 E25 33 54.2
Few words about the Kecskevész Via Ferrata route
Via ferrata routes (translated as "iron routes" from Italian) are mountain trails equipped with metal structures - iron steps, metal soffits, pythons, suspension bridges, etc. - that allow less experienced people to safely travel routes similar to those of mountaineering. Unequipped sections are only accessible to people with climbing experience.
The via ferrata routes require a minimum of experience, good physical condition and adequate equipment.Via ferrata routes generally go on high and exposed rocks, so overcoming agoraphobia is essential on such tours.As it is with other extreme sports, the good quality technical equipment plays an important role. In the event of a fall, it is critical that the equipment functions properly and protects the climber from injuriesAlthough in Szeklerland this sport is still very little known, in Austria 2 million of the country's 8 million inhabitants are a fan of this sport.
While some components of the via ferrata equipment can also be found in traditional climbing, there are also items that are specifically used only on via ferrata routes.
The following equipment is essential when doing a via ferrata route:
- Via Ferrata Kit
- It is recommended to use gloves and mountain shoes with rigid or semi-rigid soles